Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sweet Stop Challenge - Debut

Discovered a new challenge blog The Sweet Stop. A sketch was posted on Saturday and this is the card I designed based on the sketch. I took the photo outside, so the coloring seems a bit off. The background is a light blue and the dot paper was scraps that I had. I added the red square to highlight the row of red dots and then attached the blue circle and greeting onto the red base. After I got them on there, it looked like they were recessed under the red (unplanned effect). The ribbon is a bargain I found at JoAnns for 10 cents (and the spool contained 9 feet)!!! I wanted to do something different with it, so I twisted in before I attached it behind the dotted paper. The twisting was difficult to attach - it wanted to keep unwinding before I could get it stuck down- but I like the look. I also made a small bow with the ribbon and attached it to the blue circle. I just noticed on the card how it looks like the bow ends are an extension of the curled ribbon. That was purely unintentional. I guess this was the card of unplanned (but positive) surprises. Thanks for looking,

4 comments:

  1. Such fun papers and colors you used! I really like the way you twirled the ribbon behind the red piece. Neat effect! Glad you could play along with the challenge this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the twisted ribbon!! And WHAT a bargan!! great card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! Love the ribbon! Thanks for playing along! I hope you'll join us this Saturday for our next sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a fun card Deb thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.