Sunday, August 23, 2009

Project complete!!!

I have completed my birthday card project and truly stand amazed at the awesomeness of God!! My final card count is 200!! What amazes me about this number is that I didn't set out to make any certain amount of cards. I came up with my first idea and used scraps of paper to create that group (read about it here). I then dug through all of my abundant supplies and pulled out anything I had sitting around that had a birthday/celebration theme. That's what I used to make the remainder of my cards I have been posting. I did not keep any tally after counting the first group of cards (120) - just kept on creating with what I found. Today, I came to the end of my stash. After the cards were all packaged and put in the delivery boxes I counted the grand total...and am awestruck that the number is an even 200. It reminds me of Jesus feeding the 5,000 with only five loaves and two fish (John 6:5-14). When I began this project, I never envisioned making 200 cards, but dedicated the task to Him. He took the supplies I gave to His work and multiplied them many times over. And as I worked, He provided the strength for the task and joy in the journey. Great is our Lord and mighty in power! Psalm 147:5 Here's what 200 cards look like!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes we do serve an AWESOME God!! what a faithful and willing servent you have been in making cards :) i was thinking of the feeding of the 5000 also as i read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb I have an award for you on my blog HERE you totaly desirve this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.