Thursday, April 16, 2009

365 Cards - Day 46 Matchbook Card

I chose to make a matchbox card that would allow me to "wrap" a gift of post-it notes. I used a similar design to the money card I made, just adjusted the width a bit. I folded up the bottom of the cardstock to make a pocket and then used brads to close the ends so the post-it notes would stay in place. I also used a razor blade to cut a half circle for a catch tab in the center of the pocket. The check paper is Bo Bunny's Princess Pink Gingham (reversible with small checks on one side and larger checks on the other). For the border, I punched pink paper using a Martha Stewart punch and then trimmed it narrow, adhering it to black paper and attaching it to the bottom of the pocket on the front of the card. The "For You" on the card front was an experiment made with the Martha Stewart punch. I used a narrow piece of black cardstock for the "ribbon" and attached the "For You" onto the paper using a flower brad. The stamp I used on the inside was a Mary Engelbreit stamp, which perfectly matched the flowers on top of the Mary Engelbreit post-it notes I put in the pocket.

4 comments:

  1. SWEET...love the pink and black...nice way to pkg the post-it notes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the pink and black. And the way you used the scalloped border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute matchbook card. I love it long like that. You did a wonderful job! I would be using these post its all the time with this cute holder. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.