Sunday, April 12, 2009

Stamptacular Challenge #2

HAPPY EASTER! HE IS RISEN! Here's my card for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge "This is for the Birds". The challenge was to create a card that includes stamping and a bird. I knew what I would use right away - a stamp set that I owned but had not been inked - Picket Fence by Inkadinkado. I tried three new things (new to me anyway) on this card. First, I had a new Spellbinders die set (scalloped squares) and used it to create my two squares. As I said, the stamp set had yet to be used for a card and I tried a new technique for coloring the image, Prisma colored pencils blended with baby oil. (A great tutorial can be found here.) It was a fun technique to try and I think that it will be one I use in the future. I definitely need some practice however. Overall, I'm happy with the results. I had never "constructed" using a clear stamp set and, looking at the results, I think that my "scene" may need a little more of something, but for a first try it's okay. Thanks for looking.

14 comments:

  1. great card Deb, love how you did the nesties, and the scalloped edges are fab too. Thanks for playing along this week at SSC.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. Love all the scalloped details.
    Cheers!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb

    Lovely card, great image!

    Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week over on SSC and good luck.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Deb. You should be so proud of all the new things you have done. Prismacolor pencils and baby oil are my lastest new try. Love the look too! Thanks for playing along in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card...way to try some new techniques out! I love using the odorless mineral spirits too with my colored pencils...such fun! Love how springy this card looks! Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet image on this card. Wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb! I just love the bright colors! Great design...don't you just love learning about new things and trying them out for yourself? I LOVE when others show me new things! Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for joining us this week! Hope you'll join us again next week for some more challenge fun!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb, This is a great scene you have created on this card and I love how you have layed out your nestie cut squares. Fab job with your colouring too, I love trying out new techniques. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb, I just love scallops! these look fabulous, your scene is lovely and fabulous for your first attempt. Thanks for playing along this week. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! I love the layout, the colors and the image is perfect!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week! See you next week!

    -- Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card thank you for taking part

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! Such a sweet little birdhouse and what a great idea to put the two scalloped rectangles like that!
    Thanks for playing along this week!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card ;)
    Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your little scene. Thanks for the link to the tutorial it was very interesting.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.