Sunday, August 30, 2009

Butterflies and flowers

It has been awhile since I have had time to play with challenges, but have a completed card for today. This card is for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and Pile It On. The Secret Crafters challenged us to use anything with wings on it (my butterflies). Pile it on challenged us to add lots of dots (circle) - the general shape of my flowers and center of my butterflies. I used SU cardstock, Barely Banana and Night of Navy. Flowers are SU Eastern Blooms, stamped with Night of Navy ink, then cut out and attached to Night Of Navy card stock strip trimmed with deckle scissors. Butterflies were punched from an old SU punch. I rubbed my Night of Navy ink pad on the Barely Banana paper, then punched out the butterflies. I folded the wings forward and attached just the center of the butterfly body to the card. I added "sparkle" with 3 clear rhinestones. Thanks for stopping by to visit. Sorry the posts have been so few, but life has been super busy in our household. Tomorrow my husband and I both go back to work - this week is teacher workshop. In another week, the students (including my son who will be a high school senior this year) return for another year of learning. Blessings to you.

5 comments:

  1. oh i love this card!!! and what a great sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and such a great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely simple card

    Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, I love your colours - so stylish and elegant, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for the flights of fancy challenge, love the colours and sentiment.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.