Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chalkboard technique

I tried a new technique, thanks to a challenge here, at Ann's Creative Nook. She challenged us to make a card using the chalkboard technique. What's that? Basically, you stamp an image (using craft ink) onto a dark color card stock. DON'T heat set. Instead, use chalks to "color" the image.  (Ann has a link to a tutorial on her blog, linked above.) I love the results and this will definitely be something we try in one of my card workshops. I know this card is very plain, but my focus on this one was trying out the technique.  The stamped images are Stampin' Up!

I'd encourage you to give this technique a try.  It's very simple and the results are stunning!  Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Blessings to you.

Deb

2 comments:

  1. oh this is beautiful and a new technique to try :) thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Deb!! Love how these floers stand out with this technique! Thanks for stopping by and playing in my callenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.