Saturday, July 17, 2010

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge

This has certainly been a busy week for me.  Thank goodness I discovered how to do automated posts!!

The open house went wonderfully well and everyone who came seemed to have  fun.  My order of NEW Stampin' Up! products came just in time for me to display them.  I ordered the "Just Believe" stamp set, and when I saw the weekly challenge at Techno Stamper, I knew just what I wanted to do. 

Here are the details: The card base is Sahara Sand.  The image is stamped using Not Quite Navy ink and the paper that I used was from the Blueberry Crisp Designer Paper Set.  I sponged the edges with the same ink.  The long blue pattern piece attached to the card base is from that same pack.  The solid blue is a piece of Not Quite Navy card stock.  I used paper instead of ribbon, and it is also from the Blueberry Crisp pack.  I sponged it with Sahara Sand ink to tone done the brightness of the white.  When I got that call done, I decided the card needed a "pop" of color, so a cut a butterfly out of Daffodil Delight using the Beautiful Embosslits die.

This was a fun card to make.  I LOVE the way that it turned out and this might be a card we make in one of my monthly classes.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  I always appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out too. This is my favorite new set in the book, just got mine too and I will be featuring it all week on my blog. I made five cards with it last night. The first will be with the new sketch. I love the blues you chose with this and the Sahara is a great background. I was searching for a tiny butterfly myself. Adorable, thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning!! love the stamp and your beautiful blues :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card love how you used all the blue and the touch of yellow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.