Monday, July 12, 2010

Tropical Party #6

I saw this card and knew that I wanted to replicate it.  What a great all-occasion card!!  My card base is Old Olive card stock.  I matted a piece of tropical design paper with palm branches on top of the card base.  The palm branch is stamped on Whisper White with Old Olive ink.  The vase is punched from So Saffron card stock using the ornament punch and trimming the bottom off.  I then sponged the vase with So Saffron ink to give it a speckled appearance.  The sentiment is from Tiny Tags, stamped on Whisper White with Old Olive ink, then punched out with the Tiny Tag punch.  I also inked the edges with So Saffron.


The idea for this bright card came from here.  I really liked the way Dawn had made her wreath using the palm leaf, as well as the textured piece she tucked behind the center cut out circle. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Hope your day is full of WONDERFUL!

1 comment:

  1. this is one of my favs of yours :) love the new su goodness girl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.