Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Autumn Spice Baskets and Blooms

Hello, and welcome to our second challenge on SUO Challenges. This time, we were to make a project using the Big Shot...I actually made two.  Today, I will share the one I submitted and save the other for another day. 



I used the Baskets and Blooms die with a sheet of Autumn Spice designer paper from the Holiday Mini.  I'm finding that this paper ALWAYS results in a WOW project.  I constructed the basic unit with directions I found here.  This is the same design I used for the tropical beach basket I made in July. 



The flower was made with the original SU scallop circle punch.  I inked the circle edges with So Saffron ink.  The center is punched from Early Espresso card stock using the 1 inch punch, then sprayed with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz to give it a shimmery look.  The leaves are punched out of Pear Pizzazz using the 5-petal punch.  After I attached the flower center, I took my snips and cut each flower petal and gently bent them upward.

Here's a close up of the tag I created.  I used the Tiny Tags stamp set, Tiny Tags punch and the smallest of the original oval punches.  The ribbon tied around the basket handle is Pear Pizzazz.  The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso ink and I used Pear Pizzazz ink and paper on the green vine.  I used a self-adhesive pearl as well.

So there you have it - my project for today's challenge.  I invite all of you to stop by the SUO Challenge site and see what the other team members came up with.  We'd LOVE it if you'd play along with us as well!! Remember, projects must use all Stampin' Up product (either current or retired merchandise).

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit.  Leave me a comment to let me know you were here.

Blessings to you!

7 comments:

  1. I love the sparkly center to your flower. I thought it was glitter at first. I love the Smootch Spritz but I always forget to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb!
    Great job on your project. :) This looks like it would be a fun summer wedding shower favor. I love the sunflower :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love this project! and that paper is awesome :) fantastic job girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, this is soooo cute! I love it!
    Thank you for sharing! I am one of your followers from Stampin' Connection. (I'm the one that started the Follow Me thread) I have a small favor to ask, please. I had to switch over my website (it used to be BellevueStampingClub) and lost all of my followers from SC. Would you be so kind as to go to my new site listed below and RE-follow me, please? You may have to copy and paste the link. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

    Chanda Stehlik
    www.OneCraftyMommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great details! Love the paper you selected!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute bag! Am following you from Stampin' Connection and will stop by again soon.
    Barb Gault
    www.bsgstamps4fun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.