Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cherry Cobbler Waffles for SUO Challenge

Okay - this challenge was really a challenge for me! I chose to use waffle paper, and when my order arrived I was certainly stumped.  Fortunately, there are others who also share their wonderful cards and ideas online, and that's where my inspiration came from.  In my blog surfing I've seen waffle paper made into flowers, bows, pleated, ruffled, punched etc. but that really wasn't my style or the effect I wanted to try.  One day I came across someone who had run the waffle paper through the Big Shot with an impressions folder and that sparked my creativity.  Here's the result I came up with.


I LOVE the resulting effect that happens when the already textured paper is run through the Big Shot for added texture.  Here are the card details:

Card base: Whisper white
Card stock: Brushed Silver, Cherry  Cobbler
Stamp set: Big on Christmas
Other Products used: Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Petals A Plenty embossing folder, Basic Rhinestones, Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink-Moonlight (hat band)
Image is colored with Stampin' Write Markers

As you can see below, I loved the effect so much that I also line the inside of my envelope with the textured waffle paper.  


Thanks for stopping by to check out my SUO Challenge.  Please make sure to visit the other design team member blogs to see what they've come up with this time around.  Also, I hope that you will take time to share your creations at the SUO Challenge Blog.



3 comments:

  1. what a darling card! and that waffle paper is awesome embossed. love how you did the envie also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!! Great effect with embossing the paper! Hope you are enjoying fall...we've had GREAT weather. Finished combining corn today, about 1-2 weeks earlier than a "normal" year! WAY ahead of last year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ideas! Following you from SC.
    www.dragonflyinkcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.