Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Leaves and Acorns for SUO Challenge #3

Fall is my FAVORITE season...I love all the earthy colors and hues!  So, it's no surprise that I chose the Autumn Spice designer paper from the Holiday mini catalog for this challenge and used it along with the Day of Gratitude stamp set.  The card is pretty easy to understand.  I ran the Autumn Spice designer paper through my Big Shot using the lattice folder (I wanted the "popped up" side to be down, so I reversed the way I put the paper through).  Then, I sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink.  After stamping the sentiment and acorns on Very Vanilla card stock, I sponged over the images with So Saffron ink.  It created a nice glowing effect.

Here are the specifics:


Stamp Sets: Day of Gratitude, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card base: So Saffron
Card stock: Early Espresso, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Autumn Spice Designer Paper
Ink: Early Espresso, So Saffron
Punches: Modern Label, Word Window, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Scallop Circle, 1 1/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle
Other: Big Shot with Lattice embossing folder, sponges
Techniques used: Sponging, Masking

That's it in a nutshell (pun intended).  Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to check out the SU Only Challenge blog to see what my fellow design team members came up with for this challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I saw your card on SUP challenge and wanted to check out your blog. I love the simplicity of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic!! and what yummy paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, following you from SC! Don't you love this paper? Love the acorns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb, Thanks for the comment on my blog, I am following you too. I plan on doing a tutorial on the top note business card, when I have 5 minutes, haha. Check back with me. Thanks, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love that dsp. I'm a new follower from Stampin' Connection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.