Friday, March 13, 2009

Quilt Card

I enjoy quilts. However, I do NOT enjoy sewing. My sister-in-law is a quilter and makes beautiful quilts which I have the pleasure of seeing when they're done. The medium I enjoy is paper, and I have begun a journey of playing with quilt patterns on paper. I like to play with colors and designs, and am also one who finds pleasure when things come out "balanced." I was THRILLED to find two quilt block sets at www.papertreyink.com. Now I can indulge my interest in quilts on paper. The actual quilt blocks are approximately .75 inches square. I stamped this block on watercolor paper using black Stazon ink. Then, I took watercolor pencils and colored them using an aquapen...rubbing the pencil tip with the aquapen and coloring the squares that way. I like the subdued/stained glass effect that this gave my squares. I stamped the blue cardstock with a subtle background stamp, using versa mark ink, then attached the water color squares. To fill in the blue spaces a bit, I used a tulip stamp from Hero Arts Tiny Garden set and black Stazon ink. The green square was cut using a decorative edge scissors and holes were punched around the edge using a small hole punch. Here's the final result, with which I am very pleased:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.